Posted by : Himanshu Dureja
Hello Guys. I recently bought Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 , which is one of the best selling android Gadget these days. I bought Galaxy Y for Rs 6700 in India. (approx US $ 122 /-). Well this is one of the best android available at very affordable and budgeted price. In this Post , I will review Galaxy Y and will point out the Pros and Cons of this Gadget.
Also read : HTC explorer vs Samsung Galaxy y
1. It is Powered by Andriod 2.3.5 O.S. , thus large number of Applications , Utilities , Games , Widgets are available.
2. 3 inch Capacitive touchscreen works fine , Also Multitouch is helpful.
3. 832 Mhz Processor is advantageous .
4. User friendly interface.
5. Looks Good , Nice design and Build.
6. Sound Quality using Earphone is Nice with a 5.1 Channel Sound Function.
7. You get features like GPS , WiFi , WiFi hotspot , USB tethering , Setting up VPN's and many more.
8. Task Manager helps you to know used RAM , CPU usage , used internal memory and SD card memory.
9. Pre Installed Quickoffice for opening and editing documents.
1. Camera is just 2 Megapixel without flash , which is a disadvantage.
2. Battery drains quickly if you continuously use Internet for 2-3 hrs.
3. You cannot Play high end HD games that occupies large space of 200 + MB
4. Internal memory is just 190 Mb , so it will get finished soon if many games or apps are installed. Samsung should have given atleast 500 Mb in this.
5. No GPU in this phone.
6. No secondary Camera.
7. Adobe flash player not supported
8. Music Clearity is fine but Sound Volume is a bit low.
So Galaxy Y is value for money as it is among the cheapest android Phone available in the market. If you want to try android OS and have low budget you can try this Phone. Not recommended if you want to Play HD games on your smartphone.
Also see : Things to keep in Mind Before Buying a Smartphone
After using this phone for more than 18 months, Problems found:
1. As RAM is too low (289 MB) , therefore it hangs too often in case you have too much apps installed on your phone.
2. Battery drains very early if you use 3G on it. Needs Continuous Charging